Thursday 18 June 2015

Nurturing Thursday- Collage no. 18

I'm still being nurtured by my daily collages :)

I'm noticing how often the first piece I find in my stash dictates the direction of the whole collage...



... and today I pulled out the jokey 'B' postcard, and immediately thought, 'Let's go with blues and browns and have a bit of fun.' But it was only when I finished I realized how many images included birds and butterflies, and even some books :)

Left-hand page



Right-hand page



I just love observing how even when I'm unconsciously selecting images, a kind of theme appears... Isn't our creative spirit truly amazing? And I suspect, the more I nurture it, the more amazing it will become!


Sharing over at Becca's Nurturing Thursday.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely as usual Claire, I like all the pretty and confidente ladies you added to the pages, a reminder for us women of Nurturing Thursday to keep being strong. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thought, Elizabeth! I almost didn't notice the images as I was focusing on the colours, but you are so right :) xx

      Delete
  2. A wonderful set of pages -- they say when we let our minds "go" and unstructured -- amazing insight unfolds! Thank you for sharing with Nurturing Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collage for Nurturing Thursday. I totally agree with you; when I do collage work I feel as if my subconscious just takes right over. It is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot. They show I'm not alone. Thank you!